This is my version of my go-to fish recipe for guests, from Allrecipes.com. The marinade is so good that the mango salsa is optional. (Serves 4 adults.)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 frozen tilapia fillets
- Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate. Remove the tilapia from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the fillets until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Serve the tilapia topped with mango salsa.
- Bake: Place filets on foil-lined glass or metal baking sheets. Cover with marinade and bake at 400° F for 20 minutes.
Optional Mango Salsa
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the mango salsa by combining the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl. Add the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.