- 8 slices of white bread
- ¾ c. of melted butter
- 2 c. of cubed ham or bacon (optional)
- 2 c. of chopped, cooked vegetables (broccoli, onion, red/green peppers or any veggies of your choice)
- 2 c. (1/2 lb.) of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
- 2 c. of milk
- 1 tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
Add melted butter and toss well.
Butter 9x13 inch dish.
Layer ingredients in the following order:
- Half of the bread cubes
- Half of the shredded cheese
- Half of the vegetables all of the meat
- Remaining vegetables
- Remaining cheese
- Remaining bread cubes
Mix eggs and milk thoroughly with seasonings.
Pour over all of the layers.
Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour until fluffy and brown.