Here is a link to the original recipe, which I have modified to make even easier, skinnier and crock-pot-able!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Small white onion, chopped
- 13.75 oz Reese Artichoke Hearts 6-8, 14-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) , drained & chopped
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker to high, add olive oil.
- Chop your onion, salt and pepper it, then put onion in Crock-Pot after oil has had a few minutes to warm.
- Let it brown, stir infrequently.
- In an hour or so, stir onions then layer the drained/chopped artichokes & spinach on top, (add salt/pepper, don't stir).
- In another hour or so, stir to mix ingredients and lower heat.
- Then layer garlic, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, sour cream, parm cheese and top with mozz cheese (don't stir).
- In another hour or so, stir it all together with an immersion blender; this will create a beautiful smooth texture.
- Serve with fresh veggies or Stacy's Pita Chips or whatever snacks you have one hand.